It’s been a while, but today, I am finally writing a list of things that made me happy. I must admit, the past few weeks were so crazy, I was having a hard time on finding myself and looking for the brighter side of things. As the work anxiety died down a bit, I was able to reflect on things and get myself working again, despite the jabs of uneasiness every now and then. There are still a lot of things going on in my head, but I hope I’ll be able to pick myself up and be more optimistic again.
Anyway, enough with the blabs! Here’s my ten happy things for the week:
- Mark and I had a pretty sweet vacation in Coron for his birthday celebration! A few months back I decided to impulsively book a ticket to Palawan and surprise Mark with it. He’s very pleased and it was something that motivated us to work harder and keep on hustling. As I have mentioned on my previous posts, the past few weeks were an emotional, physical, and stressful ride, and I am very happy that we were able to go and enjoy ourselves despite the draining challenges that was. I am really, really grateful that we got the chance to indulge ourselves on a quick vacation. Also, Palawan was gorgeous! (More on that on another post, perhaps).
- Mark turned 26! He’s older, and I’m happy he turned a year older with me on his side. *insert cheesy grin*
- Work free Monday and Friday. Work was suspended last Monday because of the typhoon, and I suspended myself from going to work today as I’m having really, really painful cramps (sucks to be a woman). But still, more time for me to chill, reflect, and write. He he~
- Sat down at a coffee shop and wrote on my journal. It’s been a while since I last sat down by myself and just wrote random things on my planner. I also updated my life happenings there and I’m pretty pleased with how things are looking. I think I should do this more often as it makes me feel more at peace.
- Lola nights with Karen! Always a pleasure to have a nice talk with a friend, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Signing up on Skillshare and getting my 3 month premium membership for $0.99. So happy that I can now access a bunch of classes that I like and I get to share it with Mark. He’s excited for the photography classes, and I’m excited on all the film/screenwriting classes. Yehey to learning!
- Dinner with Cza, Ghie, and friends. We originally decided to meet over dinner, but some of Cza and Ghie’s workmates also went. I was a bit shy at first but eventually my talkative self came out and now I have new acquaintances. Yehey!
- Catching up on my 30 Days of Open Art. Yep, I’m late, but at least I’m trying! There are still a lot of modules to reflect upon, but I’m happy because I get to learn more every time. I have a lot of ideas and I hope I could work on it soon!
- Weekend all to myself. No work this weekend and I’m planning to spend it at home, reflect on things, and enjoy some good movies. Although…
- I’ll be attending Blogapalooza this Sunday! So excited. This is my third year of attending and I always look forward to listening to inspiring people talk about blogging and the possibilities that it can bring. I’m still learning, and I know I haven’t made much progress in the past years, but trust me, I am trying. 🙂
There you have it! Ten happy things for this Friday. I hope your week was a blast too!
PS: If you’re going to Blogapalooza, let me know! Let’s meet and I’ll give you a hug!